Data files can be damaged when the system turns off unexpectedly or QuickBooks crashes. The damage is often dealt to a particular portion of the company file. Users have various options to choose from, the most popular of them are as follow:
- QuickBooks File Doctor
- QuickBooks technical assistance
To diagnose lost data in QuickBooks 2018 can be impossible without access to state of the art data extraction tools. We at RepairContact have access to such tools and our QuickBooks assistance team knows their way around it. With such tools, data can be extracted easily from damaged company file. All of the data can then be recovered for the user.
Damaged Company File
There are many reasons due to which a data file may get damaged. Some of the reasons have been listed below:
- Unexpected crash of QuickBooks or Desktop
- Malicious software like virus and malware
- Ransomware which has encrypted the company file
In all of the above cases, it can be very difficult to repair the company file. Still, if the damage it considerably less, then users can always turn to QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a free tool made available by Intuit for resolving simple company file errors. This tool scans the entire company file and detects all the issues that may be causing an error. Once the file has been scanned, solutions are applied.
To work with QuickBooks file doctor, follow the steps provided below:
- Download setup for QuickBooks File Doctor from Intuit’s website.
- Launch the setup as an administrator.
- Follow instructions provided for successfully installing the tool.
- Launch the tool once it has been installed.
- Click on Browse and select the company file which you want to scan.
- Select Scan Company File.
- Click on Scan Now.
- Wait for the Scan to finish.
- Apply all the recommended solutions provided by the tool.
- Restart your system.
QuickBooks File doctor can scan both network and company file errors. Network errors are much more common than company file errors. If you’ve a network error, then the tool will inform you about the same. It is out of the scope of this tool to fix network errors.
See Also Support for Quickbooks® Installation
If you’re getting errors like 6000-, then this can also mean that the software was not able to connect to the company file. There can be many reasons for this network connection error but in our opinion it’s often the security software installed on user’s system.
Note: Some security software do block network connections. In order to function properly, all of these networks connections need to be allowed for QuickBooks .
Also, if you have the company file installed locally on the system, then this method will not be useful for you. This method is for users who have hosted the company file on a different system or server.
To start, follow the instructions provided below:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Windows Firewall.
- From the Left Panel, select Firewall Settings.
- Click on Disable Firewall.
- Click on Apply and OK.
Once you’ve done this, firewall will be disabled on your system. Now all the network connections would be allowed. If you have a different firewall or security software installed on your system, then read the user manual or documentation for more information.
See Also QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility