Easy Way to See What a Transaction in QuickBooks
- By :
- Category : QuickBooks Error, QuickBooks Error Fix, QuickBooks Technical Error, Technology
Users have many ways to see what a transaction is in QuickBooks. All transactions in QuickBooks contain additional information that users may need on a later date.
You even have the option to add a description of the transaction before saving it. Descriptions provide detailed information of a transaction that may otherwise be difficult to identify for users.
Transaction Journal Report
The best option for getting a detailed overview of transactions is to create Transaction Journal Report. This report is inbuilt into QuickBooks and can created via the Reports menu. Just like any other report, you can add filters to narrow down the search. Uses of transaction journal report include, but not limited to:
- For viewing detailed information about credit and debit side of a transaction.
- For advanced insights into the transaction.
- For identifying out of balance transactions.
- For identifying duplicate and odd entries in a particular account.
All of these benefits make it a great tool in the accountant’s toolbox. You must use this whenever you want a detailed look at transactions for a particular period or account.
To Create a Transaction Journal Report, Follow the Steps Provided Below:
- Open QuickBooks and open a Company File.
- Click on Reports.
- Select Transaction Journal.
- Apply relevant filters to narrow down the search.
- Click on Create Report.
- Close the current window and go back to Reports menu.
- Select the newly generated transaction journal report.
This new report will have all the information that you require. You can even create a print out of this report or export it as PDF. Several other use cases exist for this report. You can even use this report to find out the Cost of Goods Sold.
You can also use an Audit Trail to get information about the user that entered the transaction in QuickBooks. You even get additional information about modifications and deletions related to the company file.
Filters can applied to any report in QuickBooks. Filters are unique options which define the type of transactions to included in the report. For example, by specifying a date range you can get transactions for a particular financial period.
RepairContact QuickBooks Tech Support Team
RepairContact is a third-party QuickBooks technical assistance provider. Our QuickBooks help team can create both Audit Trail report and transaction journal statement for you. Further, they can optimize your system and help you with recovering lost data. To know more, feel free to contact QuickBooks helpdesk at ✆+1-800-986-6821(Toll Free).
- I cannot create a print out of the transaction journal report?
If the print operation isn’t responding to any software on your system, then reinstall the printer drivers or get your printer checked. Otherwise, use the QuickBooks Print and PDF tool to fix errors related to the PDF engine.
- QuickBooks crashes when I try to create the transaction journal report?
This may be an error with installed files related to QuickBooks. You can either repair the software or install a fresh copy. If you don’t want to do either, then reach out to our experts who can guide you through this error.
See Also How to See a Past Due Amount on Your Invoices
See Also How to Reconcile Business Credit Card Accounts in QuickBooks Online