Fresh QuickBooks installation can provide users with an error-free and optimized accounting software. You can have a completely fresh start and fix any errors that you were encountering while using the previously installed version. To install a fresh copy of QuickBooks, you need to first uninstall the previously installed software. In this article, you will find all the necessary steps needed to Fix QuickBooks Installation Errors on your system.
We highly recommend that you create a backup copy of the company file before uninstalling QuickBooks. Uninstalling QuickBooks will not impact the company file in any way. Still, it is better to take preventive measures to safeguard accounting data.
To Create a Backup of a Company File in QuickBooks, Follow the Steps Provided Below:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Make sure you’re in single user mode.
- Click on File from the top menu bar.
- Select Backup Company.
- Click on Create Local Backup.
- Select Browse and click on the folder in which you’d like to save the backup.
- Click on OK.
The backup will be created and saved to the specified folder. We also recommend our users to save the backup on a different system or server.
Now, log into Windows with an administrator account and follow the steps given below to uninstall the software:
- Click on Start Menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click on Program and Features.
- Select QuickBooks.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Select Yes on the confirmation dialogue box.
- Wait for the process to finish, then restart your system.
Now, the accounting software would have been completely deleted from your system. You can further go to the temporary files folder and delete all files from there. These files may contain information about the older version of QuickBooks. Removing them would give you a clean slate to start with.
Installing a Fresh Copy of QuickBooks
Download the setup for QuickBooks from its website. The setup can be downloaded for free. Before starting the installation, you will need:
- License Key for activation.
- Payroll Service Key for activating service.
If you do not have these then simply log into the website with your QuickBooks account. There you will find all the QuickBooks products and services that you have purchased. Select QuickBooks and then payroll service and note down the keys.
Follow steps below to install a fresh copy of QuickBooks on your system:
- Launch the Setup for QuickBooks.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions.
- Select the location at which you want to install the software.
- Select Express Install. Choose Custom if you want to change installation settings.
- Enter the License key.
- Click on Install Now.
- Wait for the installation process to finish.
- Click on Finish.
RepairContact QuickBooks Tech Support Team
Our QuickBooks installation assistance team can help you in installing a fresh copy of this accounting software on your system. QuickBooks technical assistance team will optimize your network and operating system for best performance. To know more, feel free to contact our QuickBooks Installation Errors at ✆+1-800-986-6821(Toll Free).