The ever-increasing demands of the industry have changed significantly due to the development of modern technology. To process accurate and quick results, organizations need to use accounting software accordingly. QuickBooks is a widely used program that offers features such as payroll, accounting, restoring, and many more, which can be utilized by small and medium sized businesses alike.
Unfortunately, this software can experience errors but such issues can be easily addressed with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor. This tool assists in repairing any damage that has been caused to QuickBooks and its company file. This blog will look into the issue of why QuickBooks File Doctor may be failing to work properly.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can assist you if:
The following error messages appear when you try to open your company file: –
|QuickBooks Error Code -6000 -82||QuickBooks Error Code -6000 -301|
|QuickBooks Error -6000||QuickBooks Error Code -6147-0|
|QB Error Code -6000 -304||QB Error Code -6150|
|Error opening QuickBooks over a network or multi-user setup issues in mac||You have missing or blank lists for your customers, vendors, or employees.|
|QuickBooks Error Code H101||Corrupted QuickBooks Company File|
|QuickBooks Error Code H202||Your file is severely damaged and will not open, but you can open sample company files (or other files).|
The QuickBooks file doctor tool (QBFD) is an application that is integrated with QuickBooks and takes care of all the data repairs. It diagnoses files and repairs all the issues your system is experiencing. The QuickBooks file doctor is a very useful application but it is on the verge of disaster if it stops working as well.
The error ‘File Doctor is not working’ appears
In order to resolve this error, we need to fix the QBW file. If your application is hanging, then QB file doctor may stop. This stoppage depends on the size of your application and its location.
How to fix QuickBooks File Doctor not working error
In many situations, this application can be a lifesaver because it handles QuickBooks errors. What would an individual do if the file doctor application stopped working? Assume that your QuickBooks file is filled with errors, and you try to introduce QuickBooks file doctor, but it does not work. How should you handle such an instance? Here are some steps you can take.
Solution 1: Launch Manually QuickBooks File Doctor
The following steps can follow to accomplish this
- Wait until QuickBooks file doctor displays ‘No Company Open’ on the screen.
- Then click on Files> Utilities> Repair File and Network Problems. A dialog box will appear.
- In the dialog box, click Yes to start QuickBooks file doctor with administrator rights.
- Click on the wrench icon to open the QuickBooks file doctor application.
- The QuickBooks file doctor will start working on repairing your file once you enter your credentials.
- Under Advanced Settings, select ‘File Diagnosis Only’.
- Click the Next button.
- Once the system prompts, open the file and check if the issue persists.
Solution 2: Restore the damaged files from the backup
You can fix the file doctor not working error by following these two quick steps.
- You can replace the damaged file with the one that has backup by restoring all backups of the damaged file.
How to do it:
- To open or restore a company, launch QuickBooks and click File > Open or Restore Company.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on Local Backup and then click Next.
- Go to the location of the backup file in the ‘Look In’ drop-down menu box.
- Select the backup file with the .QBB extension and click Open.
- Click Next after this.
- In the Save In drop down menu, select the location where you want to restore the file.
- You can then save the file with the name you choose. It will automatically save as *.QBW
You can switch to the next option if the above method does not work:
- Auto Data Recovery Option: QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR) will examine and analyze your file as soon as it created. ADR will save a copy of the file as a backup in the ADR folder after ensuring there are no errors. This process will continue every 12 hours.
If you have backup files, our QuickBooks Data Recovery Support team can restore your files. For this, please call us at 1-800-986-6821.
There are a few common error messages you may see when File Doctor isn’t working:
It is possible for you to see one of the error messages on your computer screen when QuickBooks File Doctor is not working for you or shows errors. If you are experiencing the same problem as described below, you can follow the steps mentioned above to resolve the issue.
|QuickBooks File Doctor wont Open||QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working|
|QuickBooks File Doctor Hangs||QuickBooks File Doctor Hosting Mode Is Off|
|QuickBooks File Doctor Blank||QuickBooks File Doctor .net Framework|
|QuickBooks File Doctor Not Responding||QBFD.msi error in QuickBooks|
|QuickBooks File Doctor File In Use||QuickBooks File Doctor Fails|
|QuickBooks File Doctor Has Stopped Working||QB File Doctor Not Opening|
|What Are The Areas That QuickBooks File Doctor Can Fix||QuickBooks File Doctor Network Connectivity Greyed Out|
|QB File Doctor Check Network Connectivity Grayed Out||QuickBooks File Doctor Repairing Company File Login|
|QuickBooks File Doctor Stuck On Checking Connectivity||QBFD is Trying To Log In To The Company File|
It is my hope that this article on file doctor not working helps you. As we all know, prevention is better than cure. The above tips & tricks will keep your QuickBooks software and data safe even when the QuickBooks file doctor does not work or hangs up periodically. The procedure above is quite easy to follow!