QuickBooks is widely-used accounting solutions for various businesses. From sending invoices to customers, controlling expenditures, and gaining insight into business performance – QuickBooks Online (QBO) is adept in performing all these tasks quickly. With the QBO edition, users can expect efficient functioning. Google Chrome and QBO are both popular programs – however, one may find troubles when trying to access QB Online with Chrome due to various kinds of errors that might arise. In this blog, we will discuss how to resolve login problems of QuickBooks Online on Chrome.
If you’ve encountered a QuickBooks log-in issue with Chrome, look no further. This article provides details of the cause and how to troubleshoot it. Yet if the problem still persists, reach out to our expert QuickBooks team by dialling 1-800-986-6821. Their skilled technicians will resolve the issue promptly and effectively.
What is the Login Problems of QuickBooks Online on Chrome?
Often, QuickBooks users encounter difficulties logging in to QuickBooks online using Google Chrome, which is frustrating. This error can be caused by a security issue. The user will have to update to a new Intuit account with enhanced security if this account is encountered. The error message reads “Account services unavailable, please try again later”.
You may experience the following problems when logging into QuickBooks Online on Chrome:
- The loading message appears on your screen, but nothing actually loads.
- You may also receive a message indicating that services are unavailable
- The chrome sometimes gets confused, and takes you from the sign-in screen to the choosing a company screen and back again.
In this article, we will discuss a number of factors that might cause the login issue to occur, which can be caused by a wide variety of factors.
Why does QuickBooks Online Login not work on Chrome?
QuickBooks login errors on Chrome can be caused by a variety of factors. Here are a few of the most common causes:
- This type of issue is most likely to occur when the user forgets to sign out properly from the previous QuickBooks online session.
- If someone logged into QuickBooks online using the same credentials on another system.
- It is also possible to see the issue if the firewall or antivirus program blocks access to the software.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Online Login Issues for Chrome
Chrome Login problems can be resolved by following these steps.
Step 1: Use any Other Web Browser
If the user is having login problems only with Google Chrome, but not with other web browsers, the user can use Internet Explorer to export data to QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 2: Chrome Browser in Incognito Mode
Users can also try logging in to the website using the incognito mode of Google Chrome as it does not save browsing history or cookies.
Here are the exact steps you need to follow:
- To do this, the user must open the Chrome browser:
o The user must first click the customize and control icon in the upper right corner.
o Use the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+N to open a new incognito window.
o After that, the user will see a window in “incognito mode” You can see the icon in the upper left corner.
Step 3: Clean History or Cache of Your Browser
It is possible for your Google Chrome browser to run slowly due to old history and cache. You can fix this by cleaning the cache or deleting the history.
- The user will have to click on the ‘Customize and control icon’ on the right side and select ‘Settings’.
- The user will then have to click on the history tab and then click on Clear Browsing Data.
Step 4: Add an additional Chrome user
For QuickBooks Online, you can create another/an additional Chrome user. This will reduce your working hours.
The following steps can be taken to create an additional Chrome user:
- To use this method, the user must open Chrome Browser and select the Settings tab
- Near the bottom of the page, the user will find a section for users
- Click on ‘Add New User’ after that
- Select the icon, enter the name, and click Create.
A new user icon will appear on the top left corner of your browser, which means you can now switch between two users.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks login issues with Chrome using advanced troubleshooting methods
Step 1: Make sure your web browser’s SSL settings are correct
Besides Internet Explorer, some users prefer using Mozilla Firefox, which also supports QuickBooks.
Use Internet Explorer if you have it
- Press Windows + R or click the Start button to open the Run window.
- On the open box, type “inetcpl.cpl”.
- In the Internet Properties window, click the “Advanced” tab.
- Press OK after checking the checkboxes before “SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0”.
- Open QuickBooks Online in your browser.
Mozilla Firefox users
- Open the Tools menu by clicking the Mozilla Firefox icon on your desktop.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Press OK after checking the checkboxes before “SSL 2.0 and SSL3.0”.
- Open QuickBooks Online in your browser.
Step 2: Change your privacy settings
- Set your privacy settings to lower or at least medium, as high settings tend to block a lot of links and websites.
- To enable cookies, manually type and access https://qbo.intuit.com.
- Close all web pages and windows and sign in again at https://qbo.intuit.com.
- Internet Explorer Security Settings
- Type inetcpl.cpl in the Run window (Windows + R keys)
- Select the OK tab.
- Scroll down to the Security option in the Advanced Tab.
- Uncheck the box Do not save encrypted pages.