Linux QuickBooks Enterprise server enables users to install their favourite accounting software on Linux operating system. Linux is an open source software and is available for free.
Millions of organizations around the world rely on Linux to run applications on their server. Linux is fast and less prone to cyber-attacks. QuickBooks is the first accounting software that ever released a version for this open source operating system.
Can you Install QuickBooks on Linux Desktop?
No, you cannot install QuickBooks on a Linux desktop. The QuickBooks enterprise server edition is only meant for Linux server. The Linux version can be installed on a server. This enables you to install the software on a cloud server and use it anytime, anywhere.
Why is Linux QuickBooks Enterprise Server a Game Changer?
Through this software, Intuit has removed the requirement of purchasing or implementing a windows server for users. Most businesses operate their website, applications and data on a Linux server. To maintain another Windows server is not only redundant but also quite expensive. With the Linux QuickBooks Enterprise Server, you can save quite a few bucks for your organization.
Linux Database Server Manager
To work with the Linux QuickBooks Enterprise Server, you need to install Linux Database server manager. This database saves the company file. The company file primarily stores all the accounting data and personally identifiable information.
System Requirements for Linux Database Server Manager
- At least 1.2 GHz processor speed
- Processor Intel Pentium 3 or above
- More than 2.5 GB of disk space
- More than 1 GB of memory (RAM)
Before installing this database server manager, you need to add all of the ports used as exceptions otherwise your security software will block the network. You should also contact your internet service provider and get to know whether they block access through any ports.
Note: You need to install this database manager as a root user
To install the database manager, follow the steps provided below:
- Enter the command rpm –import qbdbm-pubkey.asc in the terminal
- Wait for the process to finish. Then type in the command rpm -K <packagename>
- Use the name of the package, ie qbdbm-17.0-2.i386.rpm and use it to download the files on the server
- Create a folder on the server for storing the company file. The company file will contain all the accounting data.
You have successfully installed the Linux database server manager on your server. Once this is finished, you can start using QuickBooks through this server. You can use all the features available in QuickBooks Enterprise including:
- Advanced Reporting: Create customized reports for analyzing data
- Payroll: Store information about employees and pay them on time.
- Multi-User mode: Work simultaneously with your team on all the accounting data without compromising on time and performance.
RepairContact is a third party QuickBooks technical assistance provider. Our main aim is to help users in increasing their efficiency while they are working with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks help team can be reached through call, chat and email.
To know more, feel free to contact our QuickBooks technical helpdesk at ✆+1-800-272-4169(Toll Free.)