QuickBooks 2021 Update Web Services
Overview: There are various computer applications and programs that needs to communicate with each other over the internet for better functionality and providing services to their users. They may use different technologies but need a common medium to exchange data. This is where web services come in. Just as applications like QuickBooks need to be updated to resolve issues .increase efficiency and add features, the web services must also be updated for better exchange of information.
In this blog, we will tell you what are web services and how to do various operations like setting it up on the QuickBooks application installed on your system and manage the third-party applications.
- 1 What are web services?
- 2 FAQs
- 2.0.1 Q1. I am getting an error while trying to install the web service. How to fix this?
- 2.0.2 Q2. Can I connect a .qwc file of a third party web app to QuickBooks?
- 2.0.3 Q3. Will exchange of data continue after I have delet4ed the third-party app from the web connector?
- 2.0.4 Q4. Can I transfer an app of another company file to a computer?
- 2.0.5 Q5. What are other errors related to web services?
What are web services?
In order to communicate with other programs, QuickBooks need a designated application or data source which can be accessed through the standard web protocols HTTP or HTTPS. Web services provide data generally in XML and JSON formats as they are easily recognized by the programs which receive data from QuickBooks for parsing. Therefore, Web services are important for QuickBooks so that it can interact with other applications over the Internet by exchanging programs, documents, messages and objects.
Keeping web services updated in QuickBooks 2021 is important so that there is faster exchange of information between organizations. The updates resolve many issues related to interoperatibility and communication between the companies and therefore should be done periodically.
Setting up QuickBooks Web Service
Setting up QuickBooks Web Service for the QuickBooks installed on your computer is easy. Just follow the steps given below-
Download QuickBooks Web Service
- First you have to download the latest version of QuickBooks Web Connector installer.
- Now, go to the installer and right click on it. Then select Extract All Files.
- Open the extracted folder. Right-click the .exe file and choose Run as an Administrator.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation.
How to add an app to the Web Service?
For adding an app to the Web Service, make sure that you have logged on to QuickBooks as the admin Also log in to your Intuit account. Now, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Click on File and select Update web service. Then choose Manage Web Apps.
- Now, click on Set up right next to the app you want to add.
- The app’s window will now open. Log in with your account.
- Then, click on Connect to QuickBooks option on the app website.
- Open QuickBooks, and click on Done on the confirmation window so that setup is complete.
Managing third-party applications
First, you have to login into QuickBooks with your admin credentials and also to the Intuit account.
- Go to File > App Management. Now, click Manage Web Apps.
- Click on the Connected Apps option. You can now view, edit and manage apps.
Deleting third-party applications from web service
- Click on Edit and select the Preference option. Then choose Integrated Applications,
- Now, select the option Company Preferences.
- Choose the app that you want to remove. Click on Remove and press the OK button.
Transferring Apps to another device
- Click on File and then select Update web service.
- Now, click on Manage Web Apps.
- Then click on Connected Apps. Here your apps can be viewed and edited.
- Click on Transfer App to my device so that your app connection moves to the new device.
To conclude, web connector is an important aspect of QuickBooks which helps you to connect QuickBooks with other apps. Therefore, every QuickBooks user must download, install and learn how to manage applications using a web connector so that you can avail the benefits of sharing data and receiving its services.
At repaircontact.com, we understand that web services could be new for some users and some of its aspects could be difficult to understand. If you require any assistance regarding setting up, updating or any other operations regarding web connector get in touch with us via call support or leave us a message on our website and we will be responding at the earliest.
Q1. I am getting an error while trying to install the web service. How to fix this?
Ans1. You can uninstall and reinstall the web service if you are getting an error –
- Press Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- When the Run window opens, type “control panel”. Press the OK button.
- Now, click on Uninstall a program.
- Then, click on Web Connector, followed by pressing the Uninstall button.
Q2. Can I connect a .qwc file of a third party web app to QuickBooks?
Ans2. Yes, QuickBooks allows connecting with a .qwc file of a third party app.
Q3. Will exchange of data continue after I have delet4ed the third-party app from the web connector?
Ans3. No, once you have deleted the app from the Web Connector, there will be no data exchange with QuickBooks.
Q4. Can I transfer an app of another company file to a computer?
Ans4. No, you can only transfer an app for the same company file to another computer.
Ans5. Errors QBWC1005, QBWC1006, QBWC1007, QBWC1008, QBWC1009, QBWC1011, QBWC1012, QB1016, QBWC1018, QBWC1019, QBWC1020, QBWC1030, QBWC1032, QBWC1039, QBWC1040, and QBWC1048 are the errors related to web connectors/web services