QuickBooks is accounting software. QuickBooks for Mac 2021 is software that helps organizations manage essential financial tasks like paying bills, creating invoices, producing standard reports, and tracking expenses, contributions, and payments. But, it is only designed for smaller organizations of up to 10 employees. One user license for QuickBooks for Mac 2021 is provided on this donation. On a particular network, up to five users can work with the organization’s data at the same time. Each user requires both a user license and a separate installation of the same edition and version of QuickBooks. For organizations that require more than one license can opt to purchase it directly from Intuit.
Benefits For Organizations
QuickBooks on Mac for
- Creating a chart of accounts that categorizes expenses to make it easier when filing form 990
- Drafting reports that show how much money has been contributed and spent to date by the donor or by grant
- Planning budgets based on fundraising and expense data and comparing actual income and expenses to budgeted amounts
- Organizing tax, donor, vendor, employee, and general company information
- File attachments: in QuickBooks, you can attach store receipts, estimates, and other documents to invoices and customer files.
- Batched Invoicing: You can invoice multiple customers at the same time and create a full set of invoices for customers with the same charges.
- Data import: QuickBooks can import data from Excel, Quicken, and other installations of QuickBooks 2021.
- Mac software integration: You can store company, customer, and vendor information in the macOS or Outlook address book and access it when printing envelopes or letters. You can use Calendar for scheduling and reminders.
- Dedicated Mac resources: Visit Little Square, a free online resource designed specifically for QuickBooks for Mac users.
You can go through a full list of features on the Intuit website.
If you want Payroll management and other features purchase them are available directly from Intuit. QuickBooks for Mac does provide payroll expense and liability tracking and paycheck generation.
Compatibility of QuickBooks Data with QuickBooks Versions
After you update your data to a new version of QuickBooks, you can’t open it in a previous version. If you want an outside accountant to work with your data, the accountant must have an edition of QuickBooks released in the same year as yours.
Mac users in the organization can exchange data with the Windows version of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Accountant 2021. However, you will need to back up your files to the Windows format first.
QuickBooks includes 12 months of free telephone support from Intuit for issues related to downloading or installing the software. Other issues might require a one-time fee or the purchase of a support plan.
However, you should choose carefully as the administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
- macOS 10.15 Catalina or later
- Internet connection for installation and product updates
- Integration with other software:
- Export report data requires at least Apple Numbers 3.5 or Microsoft Excel 2016 or later (including Microsoft 365)
- E-mail requires Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later (including Microsoft 365)
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021 supports one-way conversion to QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021 supports one-way conversion from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2018, 2019, and 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021 supports conversion to and from QuickBooks for Windows 2021
Rules, Eligibility, and Restrictions
- Quantity: Organizations may request one product per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). Organizations may request one subscription product within the lifetime of the organization.
- Budget: Organizations with annual operating budgets of less than $10 million are eligible for products in this program.
- Nonprofits and libraries only: Products in this program are available only to qualifying nonprofits with 501(c)(3) designation and to public libraries. Public libraries must either have valid 501(c)(3) nonprofit status or be listed in the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) database.
- Organization types: Legislative, political (except for voter registration), and advocacy organizations are not eligible to request products in this program.
- Terms of service: Organizations that request Intuit products must agree to any applicable terms of service.
- Copyright: Intuit and QuickBooks, among others, are registered trademarks or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Anti-discrimination policy: Organizations that engage in discrimination when offering or providing social services or in employment practices (hiring, compensation, training, promotion, termination, or retirement) based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, political affiliation, union membership, or veteran status, other than as allowed by law, are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Case study: Recipient organizations must be willing and able to provide information to Intuit to create a case study or testimonial on this program.
- Product distribution:
- Products will be distributed under this program to qualifying organizations only, not to individuals.
- Recipient organizations may not transfer or resell Intuit products.