QuickBooks 2021 Multi User Mode Not Working
Multi user mode is a widely used option in QuickBooks to let multiple users access the same company simultaneously. Many times the user faces QuickBooks Multi user mode not working issue when operating on the company file of QuickBooks. It hinders the overall system performance. The below write-up is compiled with the troubleshooting guide of QuickBooks 2021 Multi user mode not working issue.
Why multi user not working errors pop up on QuickBooks 2021?
Below-given is the list of reasons triggering multi user mode in QuickBooks:
- Unable to fetch the IP address of the system
- Antivirus or security software blocks the access of the system with company file
- Firewall Hinder the system’s communication
- Wrong or corrupted .ND file
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings
- Not installed QuickBooks database server manager
- Incorrect setting of the permissions to open Windows files
- Disabled QuickBooksDBXX service
How to rectify QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not working error?
Solution 1: Default Setting Configuration:
- Initially, the user requires opening QuickBooks
- Hit on Files option
- Choose the Utilities button and then click on Host Multi-user Access
- Now embed the required number of users with the company file
- Hit on the Cancel option if the multi user mode is enabled then the dialog box will appear asking you to disable it
- At last, make individual login credentials for individual users
Solution 2- Turn off the Host mode:
- The initial step is to log in with administrator mode in the software
- Hand over the mouse to the File menu option and then open the Utilities
- In case you are accessing the Multi-user hosting then switch off the hosting button
- At last, make sure that the hosting mode is disabled in the systems
Solution 3- Verify the QuickBooks Services:
Majority of the time the failure of the mandatory services is not running properly which might be the cause of the multi-user mode not working issue. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, the user is supposed to find the services.msc
- Hit Enter button
- It will display QuickBooksDBXX in the Services Window
- Once done the user required to double-click on the QuickBooksDBXX service
- Verify the value below the startup type should set as Automatic
- The service beginning should show start or run
- Now, below the Recovery option selects to restart the QuickBooksDBXX service
- After this repeat the aforementioned instructions to restart the QBCFMonitorService
- At last start the program in multi-user mode
Solution 4- Embed the server to the Windows hosts file:
Integrating the server to the Windows hosts file is one of the most used methods to resolve the issue. Here are the instructions you need to follow:
- Initially, you require opening the Windows Hosts file
- Afterward, you have to add an input point at the end of the listed IP address and fill in the Server’s IP address
- Give a click on the Tab button and enter the server name
- Now locate the File menu and choose the Save option
- Select the EXIT button using the same menu
- At last, open the company file
Solution 5- Make a new folder for the company file:
Below are the steps:
- The first step is you have to create a new shared folder in the host
- Once done make the access permissions
- Now you have to replicate the .qbw file to the folder you have created
- Rescan the folder with the company file
Solution 6- Discover the Network Ports with transmit data:
Follow the below steps:
- If the Windows Firewall is turned on then embed exceptions to exceptions list which says windows firewall
- Once done you require to configure the other firewall or other security software to activate these ports
That’s all about QuickBooks 2021 Multi User Mode Not Working completes! Hopefully, the information is beneficial for you to proceed with the troubleshooting part. In case of any doubts, you can take assistance from the experts.
How can I check whether QuickBooks able to send data?
Yes, here is the two-phase method:
- Modify the firewall settings:
If your firewall is interrupting the multi-user access then the user needs to manually set up the firewall exceptions for the ports used for data transmission.
- Perform the file path testing.
What method do I need to use for checking the software and server communication?
Below are the steps:
- The user is supposed to write ping (servername) in the run window
- Hit an enter key
- Afterward, you have to use the universal naming convention path from the computer to locate the shared folder in the server.
- At last, the user requires visiting the QuickBooks company file
- Make sure you use the UNC path
How I can rename the .QBW.ND during QuickBooks multi user mode not responding error fix?
Follow the below steps:
- The user requires opening the QuickBooks desktop company file
- Hit on the f2 Button
- Afterward, it will display the product information window
- Now below the file information button.TLG and .QBW.ND files are located; you can discover them in the same folder
- At last, you have to right-click on the file option
- Now rename the files
What things need to consider before proceeding with fixing the QuickBooks multi user mode not responding?
- QuickBooks Database server manager installation
- Check you have the same version of QuickBooks and server manager
Can I use the clean reinstallation of QuickBooks to resolve the QuickBooks multi user mode not responding error?
Yes, here are the steps:
- Firstly you have to hit on the Start button
- Click on the Control Panel
- Choose Program and features option
- The proceeding step is to hit on QuickBooks
- Start the installation process
- Once done, locate the Intuit official website and download the preferred version of QuickBooks
- At last, the user requires to hit on the multi-user mode hosting and then switch it on