Hope you have installed advanced QuickBooks 2021 for your business development! However, sometimes you might face the scenario where you unable to open the accounting software on your system. This is a frequently seen issue after downloading and installation of the QuickBooks 2021; suddenly QuickBooks freeze and interrupt your work. You need to tackle this frustrating issue. Here in the below article, you will get to know the relevant troubleshooting tips to get rid of QuickBooks 2021 Not responding error.
Why QuickBooks 2021 not responding error evoke?
If you are facing the unable to respond error then there might be several causes triggering the issue. Some of them are below:
- The length of the company file goes beyond the required
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file
- Corrupted Hard drive
- Missing mandatory program files in QuickBooks Desktop installation
- Damaged Windows Operating system
- Installation issue
- Damaged Program files
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks not responding issue?
- Your system will shut down automatically
- Suddenly your computer screen freezes or stops working
- Unable to get a response to the input commands in the system
- Fail to open QuickBooks
How to prevent the QuickBooks unable to open errors when using QuickBooks?
- Use the advanced version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Set properly the regional settings of QuickBooks; apply it to US Locale
Things to do before proceeding for a fix:
- First of all, restart the system
- Open the QuickBooks Software
- After this hit on the Start button and then click on All Programs
- Now give a right-click on the QuickBooks
- Hit on the Ctrl button and then open the QuickBooks
How to resolve QuickBooks Not responding error?
Walkthrough the below-jotted troubleshooting solution to quickly fix the QuickBooks 2021 not working error:
Resolution 1- Use QuickBooks install Diagnostic utility:
- Initially download the QBinstall tool from any trustworthy website
- Wait for sometimes till the downloading completes
- After this save the file on the system
- Now close all the software executing on the system
- Discover the QBInstall Tool icon and then run it
- After this, restart the system to ensure that all components are updated
Resolution 2- Disable the Antivirus temporarily and restart the system:
- First of all reboot the system
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop
- Temporarily disable the antivirus if the error persists
Resolution 3- Give a new name to QBWUSER.INI File:
- Rename the file named QBWUSER.INI file; it will modify the file name that would delete the company files list that was previously active. If you perform this step you would need to open the company file manually
- After this discover and open the folder with QBWUSER.ini (If you fail to locate the folder, permit all the hidden folders and files to discover it
- Follow the below path: \Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Now find the QBWUSER,ini, right-click on it and then choose rename
- Insert .old at the file name end
- Also, find EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and rename it
- Check the program opens after renaming and also verify whether you can open a sample company file
- If you can access the sample file and unable to open your own company file then you have to copy the file name to a different location. After this try to open from the new location
- If you can smoothly open the company file from the new location then the error might be due to the incorrect or damaged folder or permissions.
- In case you unable to sign in to the company file then verify your company file is corrupted or not
- Fix it by restoring a formerly file backup rather than using the damaged file
- In case you fail to open the sample company file or accounting software does not start, the error might be with the installation process
Resolution 4-Perform a clean QuickBooks installation:
To proceed with a clean installation procedure you need to uninstall the QuickBooks via the clean install utility. This process will help you with the recent updates which, in turn, resolve all your concerns.
Resolution 5- Make a New Admin user for QuickBooks Desktop:
To do this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, make a new admin user account in your Windows Operating system
- Now use the new admin account to open the company file
Resolution 6- Use different location to open the company file:
- The initial thing you require is to press the Windows + E button from the keyboard
- It will display the File explorer window
- Find the data file with .qbw file extension
- While finding for a file situated on a network server, you have to browse on the network drive with data file
- Give a right-click and then choose copy after discovering your company file
- Once done locate C: Drive
- Create a new folder there
- Give a name to the folder
- Afterward, open the newly created QBTEST folder and then paste the company file
- Hold the CTRL button simultaneously to open the QuickBooks
- Choose Restore An existing company via the newly created folder
- At last open the copied company file in the QBTEST folder
That’s all about the troubleshooting guide of QuickBooks 2021 Not Responding error. Hopefully, the information is enough to sort out the issue!
What are the benefits of the QuickBooks file doctor tool?
It is one of the time-saving tools helpful in fixing network errors, damaged file issues, and more.
How can I manually rename the installation folders while fixing QuickBook’s non-responding error?
- Open the task manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- After this locate the processes option and then select QBDBMGERN.EXE, qbw32.exe files, and QBCFmonitorservice.exe
- Once done now select the End option and then click on OK
How to fix the QuickBooks 2021 not responding error in Windows 10?
- The initial step is to discover the Control Panel
- Hit on Windows Firewall
- Select the advanced settings button and the outbound rules tab
- Hit on the new rule button and click on the program checkbox
- Choose Next button
- After this, the user requires to verify the program path button and then copy the QuickBooks location
- Find block the connection button and then hit on the private, public, or domain checkbox
- At last, give a new name and then hit on the complete option