The error QuickBooks 2021 Outlook not responding happens when there are issues with the installation files or applications of Outlook and QuickBooks. Other reasons are also there like compatibility, Internet Explorer setting for email, etc causes the error in your account. the error happens when the user takes the action of sending the email from QuickBooks using Outlook.
all the solutions and various reasons are mentioned in this article. This helps you in fixing the problem and get back to your work in less time.
List of reasons that trigger the QuickBooks 2021 Outlook not working
There are many reasons and some of them are listed here:-
- The installation file of QuickBooks is damaged
- The Internet Explorer email settings are not configured
- MAPI32.dll file is damaged in the Outlook email configuration
- The installation of MS Outlook is not done properly
- Email setting in QuickBooks Desktop is incorrect.
- Outlook application is already running in the background leads to an error when you try to send the email from the QuickBooks account.
What are the solutions to fix QuickBooks 2021 Outlook not Responding?
The top 5 solutions are there that help you in fixing the issue of Outlook not responding in QuickBooks 2021. Do follow the solution that helps you in resolving the problem. The solution depends on the reason you are facing. The solutions are mentioned in detailed steps to fix the issue.
Solution 1- Check that you have the Admin Rights
- On your computer, right-click on the QuickBooks icon
- Then select the Properties option
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- In the section Privilege level, tick mark the box named Run this Program as Administrator
- Click on the Apply button and then on the OK button
- Reboot your computer and check for the error.
Solution 2- Check the email preferences of Internet Explorer
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop software on your system if opened
- Now open the Internet Explorer browser
- Go to the gear icon on the top right side and click on it
- from drop-down options, click on the Internet Options
- Open the Program tab, then click on the Make default link
- Then choose the link Set your Default Program
- Choose the Outlook (Desktop version)
- After that, click on the Set this Program as Default and click on the OK button
- You have to close the window of Internet Explorer and you are done.
Solution 3- Check the QuickBooks email preferences
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on the Edit menu
- From further options, select the Preferences option
- Click on the Send Forms option
- Now in My Preferences, click on Send email using the option
- Click on the OK button to continue
- Again go to the Edit menu option
- Click on the Preferences
- Then select the Send Forms
- In the My Preferences tab, select the QuickBooks Email and then click on the OK button
- Again, navigate to the Edit menu
- Select Preferences option
- You have to choose the Outlook option and click on the OK button
- Close the Outlook application and QuickBooks software
- Restart your computer
- After restarting, try to send an email using QuickBooks.
Solution 4- Repair the file MAPI32.dll that is damaged
- Close all the applications or software that are running on your computer
- Open the File Manager of Windows
- Then go to the folder path C:\Windows\System32
- Search for file Fixmapi.exe and then double-click on it
- When the MAPI32.dll file is repaired by the tool
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop software and send the email to check for error.
Solution 5- Repair Outlook application and QuickBooks Desktop
To repair the Microsoft Outlook desktop version, you have to download the tool named Microsoft support and recovery assistant tool file. then install it on your computer and fixes the Microsoft Outlook installation.
To repair the QuickBooks desktop, you have to take the backup first of your QuickBooks data. Then go to the Control Panel and open the Programs list. Now, select the QuickBooks program and right-click on it to select Uninstall/Change option. An uninstallation window opens up in this select Repair option to repair the software application. Then click on the Next button and wait until it is completed.
Here are all the solutions that you have to implement according to the reason for the error QuickBooks 2021 Outlook not responding. do the process step by step and fix it out easily. you can also get in touch with the QuickBooks customer helpdesk team who is here to help you all the time. you can connect with the team anytime whenever you want to.
1. What to do if the repair errors happen while fixing the QuickBooks 2021 Outlook Not Responding?
In this case, you have to click on the Ignore and then OK button when an error occurs. Then continue with your repair process. the error message pops-up several times so you have to ignore it several times until the repair process completes. Then restart your application.
2. How to run the software as an administrator to fix QuickBooks 2021 not Responding?
To run the software as an administrator the steps are:-
- Go to the software icon
- Then right-click on it
- Now select the option Run as administrator
- The software run as administrator.
3. Does this error faced by every user who uses the QuickBooks Desktop 2021?
No, this error won’t be faced by every user of QuickBooks 2021. this QuickBooks 2021 Outlook not responding error faced by the user who uses Outlook to send their email using QuickBooks 2021. So, don’t worry the solution is mentioned here.