QuickBooks 2021 System Requirements
- By :
- Category : Technology
- Tags: quickbooks 2020 system requirements, quickbooks computer requirements, quickbooks computer requirements for desktop, quickbooks desktop 2021, quickbooks desktop download, quickbooks desktop pro 2021 system requirements, quickbooks minimum system requirements, quickbooks pro 2021 desktop
QuickBooks Desktop 2021 comes with new features like automated statements, customized payments receipts, receipt management, data level permission and an improved bank feeds. But to ensure that you get the best performance while working on QuickBooks Desktop 2021, it is important that your system fulfills the technical specifications. In this blog, we will discuss about QuickBooks 2021 system requirements.
What are the QuickBooks 2021 System Requirements?
- Operating Systems
- Windows 10, all editions, must be natively installed.
- Windows8.1, all editions, must be natively installed.
- Windows Server 2019, Standard and Essentials editions.
- Windows Server2016, Standard and Essentials editions.
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials edition.
- Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials edition.
- Linux Database servers that support QuickBooks Desktop 2021
There are some users with a Linux operating system on their computer. For them, the following are the Database servers required to install QuickBooks-
- Fedora 31 , 32
- OpenSuse Leap 15.1 , 15.2
- Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)
Browser Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2021
QuickBooks requires internet access to sync your financial transactions with the bank, calculate payments based on latest taxes, share data with clients, vendors and employees and for backing up your data on the cloud. It requires Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit) browser for this.
Minimum system requirements.
For QuickBooks to work in an optimal condition, your system must meet the following requirements-
- Processor –minimum 2.4 GHz
- RAM- minimum of 4 GB but 8 GB is recommended.
- Server RAM requirements- it increases with the number of users:
- For 1-5 Users : 8 GB RAM
- 10 Users : 12 GB RAM
- 15 Users : 16 GB RAM
- 20 Users: 20 GB RAM or above.
- Disk Space required
- 2.5 GB for the application (data files require additional disk space)
- 60 MB is needed for Microsoft .NET Runtime
- Minimum 4.0 GB RAM for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services.
- Double the size of the largest file set for back up and twice its size for restoring it.
- Operating system
- US version of Microsoft Windows.
- Language must be set to English to support regional settings.
- Windows must be natively installed and should not be run in a virtual environment or using an emulator.
- The server computer must have administrator rights for hosting multi0user access.
- Hardware requirements
- Optical Drive – a 4X DVD-ROM or better for physical installations from the CD/DVD.
- Screen resolution- up to 2 extended monitors with a display supporting a screen resolution of 1280 X1024 or higher. It should also be optimized for the default DPI setting of your system.
- Other Hardware devices supported
- The Warehouse Manager in QuickBooks Desktop Mobile supports the following devices-
- Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (for Android 4.4 and above)
- Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile Computer ( for Android 4.4 or above)
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 21.0 supports-
- Honeywell Voyager Pocket Barcode Scanner
- Symbol CS3070
- Socket Mobile CHK 7CI
List of compatible software
- MS Office 2019
- MSOffice 2016 (Both 32 and 62 bit)
- MS Office 2013 AND 365 (both 32 and 64 bit)
- Invoices, email estimates etc using Microsoft Outlook 2016-2019, Microsoft Outlook with 365, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Outlook.com and other email clients that support SMTP.
- Reports can be exported using Microsoft Excel 2019, 2016, 2013m and Microsoft 365.
- For preparing letters Microsoft Word 2019, 2016, 2013 or Microsoft 365 is required.
- Contact synchronization through Microsoft Outlook 2019 (32 bit), 2016, 2013.
- TurboTax 2020, 2019, and 2018 (Personal and Business).
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0, and V18.0.
- Lacerte 2020, 2019, and 2018.
- Quicken 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later for Payroll, Business Planner and forms.
- Email clients- Gmail, Yahoo mail, AOL and Hotmail.
Antivirus and Antimalware software compatible with QuickBooks 2021
- Antivirus Software- Norton, Mcafee, Bidefender, Avast, Kaspersky, Webroot, Trend Micro Security, Sophos, Panda Dome, ESET, Symnatec, Avira, F-Secure.
- Antimalware Software- AVG, Mcafee, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Emsisoft, Spybot, Webroot, ZoneAlarm, F- Secure.
How to check the specifications of your Windows computer?
- Windows 10
- Click on the Start button, and then select Settings. Then click on System and choose About.
- Click on the Device Specifications button and then click on System type to check if your windows version is 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Check the edition and version of your Windows under Windows Specifications.
- Windows 8
- Use your mouse to go the lower right corner of the screen and then move the pointer up. Choose Settings and then click on Change PC Settings.
- Now, click on PC and Devices and then click PC info.
- You will see the edition and version of your system’s Windows under Windows.
- Under PC, in front of System type, you will see if you’re the Windows is of a 32 bit or a 64 bit version.
- Windows 7
- Click on the Start button, in the search box, type Computer.
- Right-click on Computer and select Properties.
- The version and edition of Windows will be under Windows edition.
After careful analysis of the QuickBooks 2021 System Requirements, it is clear that this latest version has been designed with the user in mind. The system requirements allow for seamless integration and compatibility with various operating systems, making it a versatile tool for businesses of all sizes. With improved security features and enhanced connectivity options, QuickBooks 2021 provides an efficient and reliable solution for managing finances and streamlining operations. Whether you are a small business owner or a large corporation, the QuickBooks 2021 System Requirements ensure that your financial management needs met with ease. So if you want to stay ahead of the curve in today’s competitive market, upgrade to QuickBooks 2021 should be on top of your priority list!
Q1. Does QuickBooks work on a system with Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks?
Ans1. Yes, QuickBooks works on systems running RAID but will run slower as compared to Windows.
Q2. Does QuickBooks Desktop 2021 need any ISP to run connected services?
Ans1. Yes, it requires internet security protocol TLS 1.2 so that the connected services can run smoothly.
Q3. Can I install QuickBooks 2021 if I use Windows on a virtual environment?
Ans3. No, it is essential to use Windows natively and not in a virtual or emulator environment to run QuickBooks 2021.
Q4. From where can I obtain Microsoft .NET 4.7 Runtime required to run QuickBooks 2021?
Ans4. Microsoft .NET 4.7 Runtime is already there on the QuickBooks CD. You can install it from there on your system.
Q5. Which folder requires the space for backing up and restoring company files?
Ans5. As part of Intuit Data protect, only the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect” needs to have space for backing up and restoring the company file.