QuickBooks is considered one of the best when it comes to accounting software that is suitable for all small to medium-sized businesses. Businesses should eliminate overlooking the software, it provides enhanced features and a hand-free accessible interface. All these added advantages make it very hard to not sustain all eyes on QuickBooks software.
With everything so groundbreaking, all software often leads to displaying errors after a long period of time. Software display issues are fairly common on both Windows and Mac operating systems, and QuickBooks can also encounter the same issues. The most common display issue is QuickBooks Black and White Issue in QB Desktop.
What exactly is QuickBooks Black and White Issue?
A frequently occurring issue is The Black and White Desktop issue. The issue usually consists of the desktop turning black rather than white. It can occur due to a problem with the QuickBooks program or a problem with your computer system. A number of reasons lead to this particular issue as well as involving other issues such as missing icons or grey screen etc.
The causes and symptoms associated with the QuickBooks Screen Turning Black and White are as follows:
The factors in relation to this issue are due to the below-mentioned ways. Take a look:
A. Particularly the screen resolution has some error hence the screen turns black and white.
B. Corrupted or outdated video drivers can have an impact on the compatibility of the application causing the error.
C. The issue can most commonly occur because of registry file damage.
D. Another reason can be, when a QuickBooks update fails to install accurately, the screen turns black and white.
E. the particular specifications are not being met by the screen resolution.
F. Another reason can be that the QuickBooks applications remain un-updated for over a period of time.
Methods for Resolving QuickBooks Black and White issue
To remove the Black and white screen issue, take up the following methods to resolve the following issue.
Method 1: Changing the Screen Resolution
1. For the foremost step, proceed to set in motion the Registry Editor (exe).
2. Now, for the next step browse to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows”.
3. Intensify the number of GDIProcessHandleQuota 10000 to 65535, for the following step.
4. After the above step, click on Close and shut the Registry Editor.
5. Now Restart the system.
6. Once the black and white screen has disappeared, then proceed and change the value of the GDIProcessHandleQuota to 10000.
Method 2: To Update the video Card Drivers
1. Press the Windows+R key combination on the system.
2. The above-mentioned step will open the Run command.
3. Now, in the Run command window, insert dxdiag and hit on Enter.
4. After this, select the Display tab to write the name of the manufacturer/driver model that appeared on the window.
5. Browse the manufacturer’s website, and further download the most updated version of the model.
6. Download the needed updates:
7. Once the downloading process is completed, hit on installing the following drivers.
8. The final step is to restart the system and check.
Method 3: Restarting the QuickBooks Desktop
1. The very step is to ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop process DBW32.exe does not stand ruining and is shut.
2. Now, browse to the Windows Start button, and proceed to write task mgr.
3. Click on Enter to open the Windows Task Manager.
4. Once the above subsequent steps are done, select the tab naming Processes, for them to be displayed on the screen.
5. Navigate and locate QuickBooks(32) or exe.
6. For the Final step, end the process with the End task present at the bottom of the window.
Method 4: To Fix QuickBooks Black and White screen issue by running the Quick Fix my Program Tool from the Tool Hub.
Step1: Download and Install the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- First, proceed to Close QuickBooks.
- Next, Go to the Home tab and further click on About, in order to open the Tool Hub application and verify the installed version.
- Proceed to Download the latest version which is installed on the system.
- After this, Open the file naming QuickBooksToolHub.exe, and further to Run the Program click on Allow.
- To install, follow the mentioned instructions given on-screen accurately.
- To end the process, select Agree to the Terms and Conditions clause and hit on the Finish button.
Step2: Use QuickBooks Quick Fix My Program Tool by Tool Hub.
- To open the Tool Hub, Hit on the Tool Hub icon present over the desktop.
- The next step is to browse the grid of Tools Hub and locate the Program Problems section from the same.
- After the subsequent step, hit on the Quick Fix my Program Tool button to successfully process the tool.
Method 5: To Modify DPI settings in Windows
There are two solutions available for changing the DPI windows settings for Windows 10 in particular. They are as follows:
- From the Desktop move to the QuickBooks icon and then Right-click on it.
- After that, a window will appear, select on Properties from there.
- Now, under the Properties grid, browse and locate the Compatibility tab.
- From the Compatibility tab, hit on the Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
- For the next step, hit on Apply and further tab on OK.
- Once the above-mentioned steps are completed, start QuickBooks and check for Windows now.
- For the very first step, proceed to open the Company file.
- From the Edit menu, hit on Desktop View and further select My Preferences.
- Once the above step is done, proceed to switch the view from multiple windows to one window.
Method 6: Editing the QBW.ini. File
1. First, proceed to Shut your QuickBooks application.
2. To open the File Explorer, press the Windows+E key combination together.
|QUICKBOOKS VERSION||FILE PATH|
|Enterprise solution 22.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 22.0\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise solution 21.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 21.0\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise solution 20.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20.0\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise solution 19.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19.0\QBW.ini|
|Enterprise solution 18.0||C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0\QBW.ini|
3. Go to the C drive, and further follow the path Programdata> Intuit> QuickBooksXX(the exact version with the faced error)> QBW.ini
4. Now, after the subsequent steps, open the file and stretch to the end.
5. Next, proceed to Enter :[COLORS] Classic=0 in the same file.
6. To save this file, press the Ctrl+S key combination.
The following mentioned version listed steps can easily help to resolve the black and white screen issue.
All the above-mentioned techniques that are presented here are the optimum ways to resolve the QuickBooks Black and White issue. Follow through these if you face this issue over QuickBooks, However, before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps:
Make sure you Update QuickBooks Desktop. Here’s how to do it:
- For the first step, proceed to Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, go to Help> QuickBooks Desktop.
- After this, from the top, click on the Update Now tab.
- Once the Updating process is completed, hit on Close for the final step.
The above-mentioned blog is laid out to provide a profound understanding of QuickBook’s Black and White issue. This is a temporary issue encountered by most users after a long period of using QuickBooks.
If you are still facing display issues and the screen turning Black and white or have doubts about how to resolve the issue accurately, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks customer helpdesk. The team members are skilled and available at the earliest.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is it necessary to back up the company file before performing the desired steps to resolve QuickBooks Black and White screen issue?
Yes, it is highly recommended to make up a backup before taking up the resolving measures. Here’s how to make an accurate backup:
- For the first step, proceed to Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- After the following step, further, move to File and hit on Backup company.
- From the Backup company option, select Create Local Backup.
- Now, to create a Backup, follow the instructions displayed over the screen.
2. Will change in Window theme help to resolve Quickbooks Black and White screen issue?
Yes, one very common and favorable method to resolve the black and white screen issue is to change the theme of Windows to basic. Here’s how to do this:
- First, proceed to right-click on your desktop.
- Second, move to Personalise.
- Third, now from Personalize select any basic theme of Windows.
- Fourth, proceed to Restart your system and follow to Open QuickBooks.
3. What is a Display issue in QuickBooks Desktop?
A Display issue is when the DPI i.e ‘Dot per inch’ settings is set on a much higher resolution like 125-150 rather than smaller-100 percent. This causes a number of different display issues in the QuickBooks Desktop. The issues are usually temporary and can be resolved with various methods.