In this tech savvy world, QuickBooks is the go-to accounting software for a lot of businesses. It comes with plenty of advantages that make it easy for customers to use. Its various versions can be utilized online and offline, depending on preference. However, when errors appear during setup or upgrade, it is best to consult an expert; otherwise, these issues may not be fixed.
In some cases, QuickBooks errors are so frustrating and annoying that the user becomes unable to operate the program. This may also result in the loss of company files and important business information. The purpose of this article was to explain how to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 3371, why it occurs, what it can be caused by and how to resolve it on our own.
Note: When this error occurs, you may see error messages like “QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118” or “QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data”.
What is the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks error 3371 generally arises when someone reconfigures their computer or initiates the QuickBooks software for the first time. This issue might also be caused by missing or damaged company files. QuickBooks errors go beyond Error 3371 and include QB Error 6000, -6000 -83 Code, -6000 -82, -6130-0, -6000-301, 6123-0, -6000-77 and -6000-304. The latter is particular to QuickBooks Enterprise and reveals a ‘Could not initialize license properties’ message when it appears.
You see one of these error messages when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop –
QuickBooks could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
[Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks couldn’t load the license data. This may be due to damaged or missing files.
The license data could not be loaded. This may be due to missing or damaged files. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data.
What causes QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
The fact that Intuit has made storing license data on your hard drive compulsory can be understood. If that information, file, or license data is damaged, corrupted or missing, you might encounter QuickBooks error code 3371. This can also occur during the cloning of data from c:/ to another hard drive. To resolve this issue, you will need to retype your license information.
This error can occur for a variety of reasons, and can solve with the guidance of an expert. Some of the reasons include:
- QuickBooks Desktop cannot run because a file or component damaged or missing.
- Qbregistration.dat: This installation file contains your license information. QuickBooks Desktop will not open if this file damaged or not functioning properly.
- For damaged MSXML components, MSXML is an essential Microsoft component. In order for QuickBooks Desktop to run on your system, it needs this component. When this component is damage, it makes it harder to access this accounting software. It retrieves information from the QBregistration.dat file, allowing QuickBooks Desktop to open.
- Interruption of anti-virus protection: An anti-virus program or outdated Windows OS that quarantines some QuickBooks Desktop files.
- QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users may also experience this issue if they open the company file without saving it first. They must save the file before importing the .QBO file.
- The user should save the .QBO file before importing it to avoid this issue.
You should pay attention to the following points:
- QuickBooks installation can fail or be damaged if the latest Windows updates are not installed. Therefore, ensure that the latest version is installed.
- Alternatively, you can contact Microsoft support if you are still experiencing the same errors after following all the solutions.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
In this Infographic, you will learn all about QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. However, you can also follow the steps below in order to solve this error quickly.
Solution 1: Windows operating system needs to update
The QuickBooks Desktop installation can fail or become damaged if the latest Windows updates not installed. Ensure Windows is up to date before continuing.
For the Windows update, follow these steps:
- Click on the Windows logo.
- Select ‘All Programs’ and click ‘Windows Update’.
- Click ‘Install QuickBooks’ after installing the updates.
We have provided more fixation methods below in case the error persists after following the first method.
Solution 2: Delete the ECML file and Rename Entitlement file
If a user tries to open a company file in QuickBooks accounting software, it fails to open and resolves when repairing or installing fails due to improper method. It promptly asks for a mysterious HTML file.
- In order to run the file, hold down the Windows key + R on your keyboard. A Run window will appear.
- Type or copy C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 into that window (or wherever QuickBooks saves entitlement information on your system).
- Click the OK key button to open Window Explorer at that location.
- It is easy for a user to locate the ecml file, then right-click on it and select the delete option to resolve the error 3371.
- Restart your QuickBooks software after closing this window.
- In the event that you fail to register the product, you will ask to do so again.
Although there are many solutions available on the web, you should choose the most reliable. You can ask the experts for suggestions or delegate this task to them.
If you are using Windows XP, follow these steps to resolve the error.
Windows XP operating system:
- Choose ‘Run’ from the ‘Start’ menu.
- In the ‘Open field’, type the following command:
- Application DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2 in C://Documents and ‘Settings All Users’
(You may have more than one ‘V’ folder, so it is best to look for the current one.)
- Then, click ‘OK’
- To resolve this issue, delete or rename the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
Solution 3: Update Windows with the latest updates
After following the above steps, if the problem still appears, follow these simple steps.
- Install the latest Windows updates, then click the Start key.
- Then update your Windows by selecting all programs.
- To check for the latest updates, click on the update option.
- You must reinstall QuickBooks after a successful update.
The error should now resolve after you have attempted all the steps outlined above. In case the problem persists, follow the steps below.
- Using the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool, you can fix common installation errors.
- Perform a clean installation.
Solution 4: Download QuickBooks tool hub and use Quick fix my program
- QuickBooks desktop is first closed by the user.
- You will then need to download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer
- The next step is to select Quick Fix My Program
- To fix Error 3371, select installation issues and look for Error 3371
- Click on the OK tab.
- The last step is to open QuickBooks and the data file
To recreate a damaged file, this tool will automatically resolve license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 5: Run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the tool hub
- Open the tool hub program on your server
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the Installation Issues section and run it.
- Wait a few minutes while the tool runs
- Your computer will need to reboot once the tool has finished
Solution 6: Resolve this Error Manually
Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- The first step is to recreate the damaged entitlementDataStore.ecml file and resolve the license and registration issues
- Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, fix Microsoft.NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ pitfalls
- Reinstall by doing a clean installation
- Run reboot.exe
- Make sure QuickBooks is up-to-date
As a result of following the above steps, I hope you have successfully resolved QuickBooks error code 3371. In the event that the error persists or you are still unable to use your software, please contact our QuickBooks premier support team at +1-800-986-6821. Please do not hesitate to call us at any time. Our team will be happy to assist you no matter what! Our experts and certified professionals will help you fix the error without any further hassle.