There is no hidden truth that Sage 50 accounting software carries out accounting and bookkeeping tasks with ease. Along with the help of its enhanced features and complex tools embedded, the software is desired by all small or large business firm owners.
Like any other software, Sage also encounters a fair number of technical glitches and errors. One such error occurs when a dialogue box says, “Sage Error: Bad key file” or 0x80040702 “Failed to load .dll Need to re-install Sage 50”. It indicates that the operating system of Windows was unsuccessful in locating the .dll file of the library accurately.
Some common causes of Sage Error 0x80040702:
1. The most common reason can be the Registry database is damaged or usually corrupted.
2. It can also be because there was a possible Power failure during the installation process.
3. The DLL in error is not being registered in windows.
4. Possibility of a Virus hitting the system that can result in affecting files.
5. The installation process is terminated before the software is successfully installed.
6. Sage 50 application is yet to be activated after the installation process.
Resolve the following Sage Error 0x80040702, with the listed methods below:
Method 1: Disable Controlled Folder Access
1. For the first step, select the Start option.
2. Now from the grid, browse to Settings.
3. Form Settings, choose Update & Security.
4. A window with Windows Security will open.
5. After the subsequent step, browse to the Virus & threat protection tab and Select the same.
6. Hit on the Manage Settings tab, from the Virus & threat protection settings option.
7. Now from the Manage Settings grid, navigate to Open the Controlled Folder Access tab.
8. Proceed by hitting Select on the Controlled Folder Access tab.
9. Change the settings for the Controlled Folder Access to OFF, for the final step.
Method 2: To Review your Computer’s Setup
1. The foremost step is to ensure that any third-party application, firewall, or antivirus is involved with affecting the usage of the Sage 50 application.
2. Proceed to run a malware scan, in case there is no involvement of a third-party application.
3. In case the antivirus software is expired, uninstall or re-subscribe as per the need.
Method 3: Uninstall or Reinstall the Sage 50 application
1. Proceed and right-click on the Start Menu.
2. From the menu, click on programs and features.
3. Now for the next step, select Apps and Features.
4. A window will pop up on the screen, click on the particular Sage 50 version.
5. Once the uninstalling is successfully completed, proceed to re-install.
6. For re-installing, browse to the Installer Files folder located in C:\\Sage.
Method 4: To Run Sage 50 as an Administrator
For running the application as an Administrator, follow the steps listed below:
1. On the Window, there will be an icon present saying, Sage 50, right-click on the icon.
2. Now, a Window will appear, browse and click on Run as administrator.
3. A catchy prompt saying, “User Account Control” will pop up over the screen.
4. From this above-mentioned prompt, click on Agree in order to run the program.
The above-mentioned blog is laid out to put out the right and optimum information about the process of removing the Sage 50 Error code 0x80040702, which is usually because of the unsuccessful location of the .dll file. This blog has provided all the necessary causes and the correct methods to resolve the same.
If you are stuck with any step or have doubts about how to remove the Sage 50 error 0x80040702, you can get in touch with the customer helpdesk. The team members are skilled and are available at the earliest.
Ask Yourself the Following Questions (FAQs)
1. How can we verify the Activation status, while resolving the Sage 50 error 0x80040702?
To verify Sage 50 0x80040702, start by clicking on the Sage 50 icon on your desktop after this for the second step, click to activate Sage 50 from the prompt on the screen.
2. Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall Sage 50 if we are using the Windows 8.1 version?
Yes, it is possible to do so. Follow the steps for the procedure:
First, go to the Start menu, then browse to the Control Panel, Second step is to select Programs from the panel and then finally hit on Features. Then proceed to click on the Uninstall tab and then reinstall it.
3. Where should I save the backup file for Sage 50?
Preferably the backup file should be kept over some other computer where the Sage 50 data is saved, altering the chances of a theft or any drive failure. In case you don’t own any off-site backup option then you can save it over some other drive.