The Pervasive PSQL work group database engine happens to installed invisibly with the program to allow you to manage your sage 50 business database inside of sage 50 versions 2019 as well as before. This database management application manages the database inside of which your Sage 50 company data happens to stored as well as runs during the same time as an existing Windows service in the background.
With the release that belongs to Sage 50 2020, pervasive psql has upgraded to Actian Zen version 13. This new database engine has the following benefits:
- Contains the most up-to-date security protections to keep your data safe.
- Helps to ensure compatibility with the most latest Windows updates.
- Actian Zen installs discreetly and works in the same way as Pervasive PSQL.
In this article, you will get to learn about how you can fix the Sage 50 Error Installing Actian Zen. Also, you get to know the reasons why this error happens.
What causes Sage 50 Error Installing Actian Zen?
Many different reasons are here that you must know about before resolving the error caused. Here is the list of reasons:-
- Security software that prevents installation and setup.
- This warning can caused by both VIPRE Antivirus and Firewall, and once removed, the installation should finish.
- Other programs that are running obstruct installation/configuration.
- Installation files that have damaged.
- On the installation folder, configure the security settings.
- Previous Pervasive or Actian Zen installations harmed.
- The PervasiveMin folder in the installation folder removed.
- UAC (User Account Control) is activated.
- Inadequate Windows user rights (non Admin).
- The software is open on one of the workstations.
- Install the PSQL Server engine 64 bit.
How to troubleshoot Sage 50 Error Installing Actian Zen
Before proceeding with the remaining procedures, consider restarting the computer, then fix the error. Below down are the following methods to solve the error:
Method 1: Anti-installation software, security settings, or other applications
- Disable any antivirus software on the PC before beginning the installation.
- Disabling User Account Control for further information.
- It may be essential to install in Selective Startup
- Check that the installation folder’s security settings are set to (default location: C:SageSage50 [Release] [Version]) System and Everyone.
Step II: Check that the right installer is being used.
- Ensure you use setup.exe found in the Install directory for the Sage version you are trying to install.
- While installing Version 2020, Sage50_2020_[Version] will be the directory.
- If you’re using a different setup file, leave the install wizard, navigate to the right location, and double-click setup.exe.
Step III: Uninstall and reinstall Actian Zen or Pervasive
Important : If you have Sage 50 2020 and 2019 installed next to each other and need to utilize both, do not delete the Pervasive Software files as this may interfere with the 2019 version’s functionality..
- Uninstall and reinstall Actian Zen 2020, using Article IDs 99555 and 99497.
- 2019 version: Remove and reinstall Pervasive
Step IV: User privileges in Windows
- Check to see if the current user is a Windows local administrator; if not, either grant the user local admin privileges or log in as a local administrator.
- If you’re using a domain network, make sure that the current user has both local and domain admin privileges; if not, either grant the user local and domain admin privileges or log in as an administrator who has both.
StepV: Check to see whether there is a version of Pervasive or Actian software that is incompatible.
- Tap on the Windows Control Panel and navigate to Programs and Features.
- Uninstall any additional Pervasive versions that you find, which may labeled as Actian PSQL v12 Server Engine SP1.
- Check if you can install the Sage software.
Step VI: Run the server’s normal installation.
- Navigate to the path- \\<servername>\PeachtreeInstaller20xx (PeachtreeInstaller2020).
- Navigate to the Peachw folder
- Navigate to the Install folder.
- Select Run as administrator from the context menu when you right-click _Setup.exe.
Also, Read This: Sage Exchange Error Codes
In conclusion, the Sage 50 Error Installing Actian Zen which occurs during the installation of Sage 50 can resolved by the following mentioned points above. Seeking more help!! Get back to our professional and experienced team and be right there for your help. Our team experienced and they can handle all types of technical issues. We are available for you. Our team will resolve your issues.
What are the issues with Sage 50 compatibility with previous versions?
- If you use the Actian Zen database engine instead of Pervasive in 2019, you can run versions in 2019 and 2020 on the same computer.
- Sage 50 2018 and previous will not work correctly on the same machine as version 2020.
- You may be unable to run Sage 50 on a machine that also runs Actian Zen or Pervasive PSQL due to potential issues.
What are the advantages of upgrading to Actian Zen version 13 from Sage 50 2020 Pervasive PSQL?
- Improves the performance of various database operations
- Includes the most recent security defenses to keep your data safe.
- Assists in ensuring compatibility with the most recent Windows upgrades.
- Actian Zen installs silently and operates similarly to Pervasive PSQL.