Sage 50 is one of the most important and well known software for people who are dealing with accounting. Because of the great amount of functionality it provides, Sage 50 is extremely popular among business owners. With amazing features and innovative tools, this software has helped businesses meet their accounting and bookkeeping needs more effectively. Data migration is one such important feature provided in Sage 50. However, one thing we should understand that no software can be 100% free of errors or bugs and Sage 50 is no exception either.
Some users have complained to us that they faced the Sage Data Migration Errors a number of times. If you are one of them, we can be of great help. We know, it can be really annoying to come across such errors if you are in the middle of something very important. Don’t worry! We will tell you about an easy, step-by-step procedure to fix this issue. Go through this blog, carry out the steps mentioned herein and prevent this error from appearing in your system.
First things first! Let’s get to know why this error occurs.
What are the Possible Reasons for Occurrence of the Sage Data Migration Errors?
Many functional and technical issues contribute to the occurrence of the Sage Data Migration Errors. Some of these are mentioned below-
• At times, while upgrading and migrating from a lower version to a higher one, users fail to convert data from the old version to the new version. This may cause the Sage Data Migration Errors.
• While performing Product Update, some users forget to convert company data and data files to the specified format. This is one important reason why the Sage Data Migration Errors occur.
Please consider the following points before starting the migration process
1) Check whether your data is free from errors
2) Please take proper backup of your data
3) Sage migration tool works with 9.8 accounting update 6.3 and higher. Therefore, you should upgrade the software to 6.3 before going ahead with migration.
4) Make sure to run your file on Sage.STO.ServerMigrator.exe and not on Sage.STO.ServerDataMigrator.exe. This way, you can avoid future issues.
5) Before starting the migration of your Sage data, do not forget to check the administrative rights for the new server. Also, you should minimise the read permission to the old server. This is because the migration will overwrite the security and company data on the new server.
6) To avoid future data migration errors, check if whether your settings, reports and data are working properly on the new server.
How to Resolve the Sage Data Migration Errors?
You may encounter error messages of different types in case of Sage Data Migration Errors. These are –
a) “Data files have not been converted for this company…… Do you want to run Company Maintenance Now?”
b) “Data files have not been converted for this company…… Do you want to open the Company Maintenance task window?”
c) “Data files have not been converted for this company …. Do you want to, open Library Master?” ( sometimes, the Main menu and Company Maintenance as well)
In such cases, you should select the Yes. This is to convert all companies before working with the company modules and codes. Next, follow the below-mentioned steps
(Note: If you select No, you will need to convert the companies later)
● In the text box provided, enter your Company Code
● Press Enter.
● Go to the upper right Corner and click Convert
● Open the Convert Module information Files module.
● In this module, select the checkbox named “Convert information for All Companies”, if you want to convert all the companies altogether. This may a little time to complete.
● Click the Proceed button to start the conversion process. It may take a few minutes to complete
● Once conversion gets completed, you will get a prompt as “Data conversion is complete.”
● Click OK to proceed.
● Click the Accept button to exit the Company Maintenance window
We hope the troubleshooting steps mentioned above have helped you a great deal to fix the Sage Data Migration Errors on your Computer. You just need to provide a couple of minutes of your schedule and go through the procedure. If you are still not able to fix this issue, or, if you experience any difficulties in carrying out the above-mentioned steps, we would recommend you to speak to our experts. We have an extremely skilled team and we will be able to provide all the support and services, whenever you contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is it Easy to Upgrade from Sage 50 to Sage 100?
Yes. Upgrading or migrating from Sage 50 to Sage 100 is fairly easy. Sage 100 is a true ERP system and if you need more functionality to match your business growth, it has more to offer you. However, for smooth migration from Sage 50 to Sage 100, you should keep the following points in mind –
• Set clear objectives and scopes before deploying the software upgradation process
• Put together a dedicated team to oversee the Sage 100 implementation
• Opt for a phased approach. Divide the upgradation in to well-defined & logical sections
- Can I send Invoices to My Customers on Email from Sage 50 Accounts?
Yes. You can. Sage 50 Accounts facilitates sending a copy of the invoice directly to the customer. After you email the invoice, the customer will receive a hyperlink of the invoice. By clicking on the hyperlink, they can review the invoice, save it in PDF format or print the same. Sage 50 also gives you the option to attach the invoice as PDF with the email you are sending to the customer.
- Is Sage 50 Accounts Easy to Use?
Preparing monthly accounts can be quite clumsy at times. But, with Sage 50 accounts, you can carry out all your accounting & bookkeeping activities with effortless ease. Just to give you a couple of examples- with the help of the Basic Checklist feature, you can follow a proper routine and cover the bases while maintaining your monthly accounts. You can also keep a proper track of all your purchase and sales invoices. You can enter all payments and receipts from paying-in slips and cheque stubs.
- What type of companies is Sage 50 more useful for?
Sage 50 is considered more useful for comparatively smaller companies. It is usually preferred by businesses that do not expect an influx of over 10 users at a particular point in time.