Users with Sage will automatically have their software updated whenever there is an update available. The built-in automatic update feature will make it so that you can efficiently and quickly update your software without you having to pause your work and do it manually. However, at times, when you are trying to update your Sage 50 software, chances are you will see AUSE099 error message. When you get this error, it means your software is trying to automatically update itself. Here, we’ll discuss what the causes may be for this error and how to resolve it.
Do You Know How to Resolve Sage Error Ause099
State the causes for this error?
Some possible reasons to come across this error include but are not limited to:
- While updating using a proxy server
- While downloading or updating issues
- A malware attack or unforeseen virus
- Wrong server settings
- Few damaged files in Sage 50
How to Fix the Sage Error Ause099
One solution to Sage Error Ause099 is to download and install the software update manually.
- Select Help
- Next, Check for Product Updates
- You will see a message on the screen that will showcase the software version you have on your system. A message will appear, “An update is available”. If you are running Sage 50, you will see a message that says “Your version of Sage 50 is up to date”.”
- If your software has automatically downloaded the update, it is ready to be installed. You should see a prompt that says, “An update of your Sage 50 has been downloaded and is ready to be installed”. Are you looking for installing an update?” Press “Yes” to begin the installation.
- You will either get a prompt that says “Installed successfully” or you will see the error code Ause099.
Learn how to update the software manually with the following steps:
- Visit C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Sage Software\Simply Accounting\Download
- When you connect to the Sage app, the software will automatically check if there is an update. If a new version has been released, it will start with “SA”
- If you don’t see the updated file already, you need to download it.
- Follow the wizard’s steps to install the update
- Click on Finish once you are done
If you receive the Error Ause099 because of a damaged system file, the software update could be at risk. Do these steps to resolve it:
- Start > Program and Files > System Tools
- System Restore is to be deleted
- Select “Restore my computer”
If you are having trouble with your computer, try recovering it by inserting the windows disk or creating a bootable USB with the windows file.
Although you can make changes to the software, if you do not have permission, you will get an error. You can acquire these permissions by signing in with your ID and password.
- Visit Search or Control Panel
- Select “Change Control Setting of User Setting”
- What you prefer, you need to change the control level to
If you want all users to be able to make changes, you need to make the bar “Never notify”.
In case, your .NET files are damaged or corrupted, this is how you can fix it:
- Visit Control Panel > Program & Features > Microsoft .NET Framework > Repair
Depending on the Sage error you might still come across, we have written this guide to help you fix it. In case you are still not able to do so, please contact our support team. We offer professional technical support specialists who are available round the clock to answer any questions you might have.
Ask Yourself the Following Questions (FAQs)
How do I turn off the prompts to automatically update the software?
There is an option to give your software the ability to update itself automatically which will make it more beneficial. You can also go to Help > About Sage 50 > Hit it for more Support Info > Modify Product Update Settings > Uncheck boxes that say “Automatically Download Plans,” “Download Updates,” and “Download Updates in Windows Upgrade Mode.”
How can the Ause099 issue be fixed?
It’s important to be aware of a few things before you start resolving Ause099. These include:
- Credentials are a way to verify your identity when you’re logging in to a computer
- You can be sure to have stable internet if you have a decent speed
- Save and close any Sage product before opening.
- Before going for an update, log out from all Sage computers
- Micro pay serial number to be validated
- Sage account number needs to be cross-checked