Users can sync customer vendor list in QuickBooks using Outlook Contacts. Outlook contacts can be integrated with the accounting software for faster sync of data. Usually, most users like to store contacts in Outlook which provides better communication tools. Using it along with QuickBooks will help users in easily reaching out to their contractors, vendors, customers and suppliers.
Platforms you can Include Contacts from into QuickBooks Include:
- Outlook Contacts
- Excel or Spreadsheet
- Gmail Contacts
These contacts are often related to customers and vendors, though users can also save supplier and contractor contacts via Outlook. There is a definite size limit on the number of contacts users can import at once.
At once, users can only import 1000 contacts from Outlook and even spreadsheets. Multiple imports can help you in getting all the contacts in QuickBooks but will take extra time.
To Import Contacts from Outlook into QuickBooks, Follow the Steps Provided Below:
- Open Outlook Contacts.
- Click on File from top menu bar.
- Select Open and Export.
- Click on Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file.
- Mark Comma Separated Values.
- Follow instructions provided by the software to store the exported contacts in the desired location on your system.
- Check the newly exported file for correct data format. If the format isn’t what you wanted, then repeat the aforementioned steps.
The file with contacts details has been successfully exported. Through this file, users can now import all contact information in QuickBooks. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log into QuickBooks.
- Select the Gear Icon from the top right corner.
- Click on Tools.
- Select Import Data.
- Select among.
- Click on Browse.
- Select the file you created via Outlook.
- Click on Open.
- Check the format of the data.
- Make necessary adjustments to the format and click on Import.
All of the contact information in the spreadsheet document will be imported to QuickBooks. These steps are also relevant when importing contacts from Gmail. In Gmail, users have the option to store contact information.
Then, you can follow steps provided above to import all contact information from other mails.
RepairContact QuickBooks Tech Support Team
RepairContact is a QuickBooks technical assistance provided. Our QuickBooks help team is available round the clock to help you with importing contact information from different sources into this accounting software. Further, they can also help you in upgrading to a new version of this software. To know more, feel free to contact QuickBooks helpdesk at ✆+1-800-272-4169(Toll Free)
- The operating to import contact fails every time. What should I do?
- This happens usually when users have duplicate data in their contacts. Make sure that all contacts have unique name. In QuickBooks, you cannot have contact with the same name. Also, email addresses associated with each account must be unique. If there are conflicting fields with same data, then the operation to import contacts will fail.