What QuickBooks Error Code 6000 Means
QuickBooks errors are quite common. However, they can all be eliminated with a simple set of steps. One such error is QuickBooks error code 6000, which occurs when the user attempts to access or open the company file. Many QuickBooks users are confused by this error, but since it has to do with a company file, it is imperative to resolve it immediately.
This blog will discuss QuickBooks error code 6000 and other errors. You may also be able to get instant help from QuickBooks enterprise support team accounting experts by dialing 1-800-986-6821. Understand the possible causes as well as troubleshooting methods for these -6000 series errors. You can reach a QuickBooks expert by calling 1-800-986-6821.
QuickBooks Error 6000 and Others
QuickBooks error code 6000 and others display 3 or 4 more digits with the message that it cannot open the company file. The following are the different -6000 series which are the major errors that often corrupt a file:
|Error -6176, 0||Firewall blocks the connection between two computers.|
|Error -6000, 107:||The .TLG file is corrupted.|
|QB Error -6000, 1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted|
|Error -6010, -100|
|A local computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|Error -6012, -1061|
|Incorrect/Inaccurte network setup|
|Error -6129, -101||Wrong folder permission or the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working properly|
|Error -6190, 816|
|Any other user is logged in to the company file in single user mode.|
There can also be a mismatch b/w the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)
|Error -6000, -832||When hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly|
|Error -6144, -304|
|When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on a sample file|
|Error -6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or it could be that the company file is damaged|
|QB Error -6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged|
|The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file |
If the Windows user account used by QBDM is damaged
|Error -6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|QB Error -6087, 0||This error occurs when opening the file locally|
|Error Code -6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (.QBB)|
Why does QuickBooks Error 6000 occur?
QuickBooks error code 6000 may occur due to a number of reasons. Here are a few:
- QuickBooks files cannot be accessed because of a firewall
- Any damage to the TLG file
- There are missing or damaged QuickBooks installation files
- The company file is accessed by multiple users at the same time
- Configuration issue with Internet setups
Before you move forward, please read this!
Now that you are aware of the signs and causes of QuickBooks Error code 6000, you’re probably keen to learn more about its resolution. After all, that is why you’re here! Before we get into the various troubleshooting steps, let us suggest to first try updating QuickBooks and running the File Doctor tool; this may be able to fix any similar errors such as Error 6000 and save you some time.
What is the solution to QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
The examples shown in the tables above demonstrate that accounting software glitches can be highly detrimental to a business. If even for a day or few hours the software breaks down, multiple problems arise, leading to significant difficulties. To resolve such issues, one must seek assistance from QuickBooks certified ProAdvisors. Thus, if errors occur in the installation of QuickBooks, this is a viable solution.
Note: Make sure your QuickBooks application is running at the latest update. We recommend downloading, installing, and running QuickBooks File Doctor before proceeding with the steps below. Apply the following solutions in the sequence as described below if you still encounter the same issue even after using the File Doctor tool.
QuickBooks error code 6000 can occur on both local and network setups. Choose the correct setup from the following options.
Condition 1: QuickBooks file is being opened locally
You are simply accessing/opening the QuickBooks Company file on the same machine as QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Renaming the .ND and .TLG files:
In either the network environment or the multi-user environment, the .ND and .TLG files are part of the QuickBooks that gets installed along with access to files.
It is imperative to re-scan or use QuickBooks with the files that automatically get stored at the QuickBooks database server manager if the files get corrupted or damaged along with the errors and opening of the QB files without any such cause.
- The first step is to open the folder where the company file is stored.
- Next, look for files with the same name as your company files but with the extensions .ND and .TLG.
o The company_file.qbw.nd file
o The company_file.qbw.tlg
- Right click on each file and select Rename option, adding OLD to the end of each file name (for example, company_file.qbw.nd.OLD).
- After that, try signing in to your company file again by opening QuickBooks again.
Continue with the next solution if the error persists.
Solution 2: Open a Sample Company File
The sample company file cannot be opened along with the error. This indicates that the QuickBooks installation has been damaged and needs to be repaired.
The indication of repairing the file could be done in the following ways if we understand QuickBooks and the installation and damage:
- To open a sample company file, select the “Open a sample file” icon in the ‘No Company Open’ window.
- If the sample file opens, it proceeds to solution 3 and returns the same error message which is repair the QuickBooks installation files.
Solution3: Copy the QuickBooks File to Your Desktop
It is possible to test if there is a problem with the location of the company file by copying the file on the desktop and opening it with the test tool. If the file opens and it gets save on the desktop and the location gets damage or if it gets “too deep” and also exceeds the file system with the path limitation:
If the file still wouldn’t open after changing its location, follow these steps:
- Your company file can be find in the folder that contains your company information
- Find the file with the extension .QBW
- Select the “Copy” icon when right-clicking on the file. Get on the desktop by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop, and then select the “Paste” option.
- By holding down the control key while opening QuickBooks, you will be direct to the “No Company” no open window.
- Click on the “Open” icon or the “Restore along with existing company” button.
Follow the next solution if the error persists.
Solution 4: Restore Backup
It is possible to test if the problem is with the current company file (.QBW) by restoring a backup copy of the company file if it does not open even when moved to a different location.
If you are having trouble restoring the backup, follow these steps:
- Ensure that your computer is not hosting anything.
o Open the company file.
o Choose the “utilities” tab from the “Menu” option.
o If the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” option is select:
The “Stop Hosting Multi-user Access” option should be select.
Select the “YES” tab in the Stop hosting multi-user access window.
Click the “YES” button.
- Make sure the path to the company file is no longer than 210 characters:
o Go to the location of the company file as well.
o Additionally, copy the path from the address bar at the top.
o (For example, C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocumentsIntuitQuickBooksSample Company FilesQuickBooks 2018Sample_company_file.qbw is 125 characters.)
- Retry restoring the company file.
If the error persists, try the next solution.
Solution 5: To restore the backup, use the ADR tool
Data can be recover with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery if the company file damaged.
Condition 2: You are opening the file over a network
A server error code 6000 indicates that you are opening a company file saved on a server or on another computer.
Solution 1: Check if Hosting is enable on all workstations
Ensure that the hosting is turn on on all the workstations, as well as the ideal recommendation to host the company’s files on one PC or server.
- To open the Product Information window, press the “F2” key.
- Locate the Local Server Information. (Note: The hosting should be disable.)
Solution 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
These are the configuration data files that allow QuickBooks to access company files in a network or multi-user setting. They belong to your QuickBooks data. You will certainly experience these errors when you open your QuickBooks data files. These files are automatically re-create when you re-scan using QuickBooks database server manager and open your company file. Renaming these files will not result in losing QB files.
- Open the folder containing your company file.
- Furthermore, the company is better able to search for files with the same name as their company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Right-click each file and select rename from the menu.
- For example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD.
Database Server Manager should be Restart or Rescan
DBSM hosts your QuickBooks company files, so it is best to restart the server and re-scan the QuickBooks files after renaming the .ND and .TLG files.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool needs to be restart, and then the QB company file needs to be rescan.
- Click “Start” => “All Programs” => “QuickBooks” => “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” (QBDSM).
- Then select the “Scan folders” tab.
- Afterward, click the “Add folder” tab (if there are no folders). Select Scan after highlighting the folder with the files.
- The company files in question appear in the bottom box under the heading “QuickBooks Company files”.
- ‘Try to open the file again’ is also require.
- To get the company file, open QuickBooks again and sign in
Solution3: Open the company file locally
If you open the company file locally, you are also testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. There is a need to open the company file locally. One of the files may open while it saved on the desktop, and if it does, then the location is probably damage or “too deep”. It is possible that the file is damage if it exceeds the path limitation of the file system and if it still does not open after changing the location.
- To begin, open the folder containing your company’s files
- QB files have the extension .QBW
- After right-clicking the QB file, select the “Copy” icon
- In order to get on the desktop, simply right-click on it and select “Paste”
- In QuickBooks, press the Control key to open the no company open window
- You must select “Open or restore an existing company”
- Additionally, you will need to move to the desktop, and then open the QB Company file you copied
Solution4: Opening a sample company file locally installed on a workstation
Using the QuickBooks data file to retrieve details from a sample company file installed on a workstation. Also, opening the sample company file, which one could test and see if the problem lies with the company file or QuickBooks application. It is indicative of a damage QuickBooks installation that a sample company file cannot be open and returns an error.
- Choose “Open a Sample File” in the “No Company Open” window, then choose from the list of sample company files
- Additionally, if the sample file opens, solution 4 should follow
- Repair your QuickBooks installation if the sample file returns the same error message
Solution 5: Close all QuickBooks processes
- On the server computer, you must log in as the Administrator.
- To access the ‘Task Manager’, press the “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” keys simultaneously.
- In addition, by selecting the “Users” tab, you can see the processes for all users.
- Select “End Task” for each QuickBooks process (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe).
- The QB company file must also be open in multi-user mode.
Solution 6 can be use if the error persists.
Solution6: Manually check the folder permissions
- If one encounters these errors, one can try to fix them manually by checking the folder permissions
- In addition, if you find the file location, it means the permissions are incorrect
- Moreover, the user checked the permissions on the QB company files folder
- The QuickBooks file should now able to be open
- It is necessary to proceed to solution 7 if the error persists
Solution 7: Configure the anti-virus and firewall software
It is best to configure firewall ports and anti-virus software to solve QB errors. In addition, you may encounter errors if your firewall and anti-virus program block certain QuickBooks programs or files. By doing so, you could configure your firewall ports and set up an exception for your anti-virus software in the best way possible.
It is hope that you will gain a deeper understanding of QuickBooks error code 6000 by reading this technical article. If you encounter any further difficulties related to this error code or any other one, you are free to call our QuickBooks desktop support number at 1-800-986-6821. Our certified ProAdvisor will look forward to your concern and provide you with a feasible solution as soon as possible.